Monday, January 25, 2010

rainy days and Mondays

Today was your average Monday.

Woke up much earlier than I would have liked to and eventually made it to work...where there were meetings and a couple meetings topped off by more meetings. My tasks for the day weren't exciting. I printed 250 invitations, then stuffed, sealed, stamped and labeled them. Oooooo. Ahhhhhhh.

I was cranky. With no real reason to be.

But, then I made turkey sausage ragu for dinner and got to enjoy a lovely meal with my boy.
I had a glass of red wine.
I talked to a dear, sweet friend who lives much too far away.
I cut hearts out of red felt.
I watched a TiVo'd episode of Oprah.
And I reminded myself that I had a job to go to. I am so fortunate.
I got over myself.

And now, a full hour past my bedtime, I am getting ready to sign off.

So, all in all, today was good....for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment